Tuesday, September 24, 2019

New clothes for dolls

I made and gave these two dolls to my mother a few months ago, and she made them gorgeous dresses.  They are sisters, with coordinating clothes.  Their names are Clara and Zelma.

Mom's attention to detail in sewing is spectacular.



She sewed perfect grow tucks in everything and added beautiful old lace.

Permelia was jealous, so I had to make her a new dress too.

She is wearing antique baby shoes and striped stockings.

Here's a sweet little Martha Chase doll that I found at an old doll shop in Pasadena several years ago.  Somebody put a wig on him many, many years ago.  The wig is antique, and so is the glue.  I don't think that these dolls were ever sold with wigs, so I think someone just thought he would look good this way.  I will never change him.  I recently found this little jump suit for him.  He loves it.

1 comment:

  1. Your dolls are beautiful and your Mother's sewing is amazing! Gorgeous dresses for your sweet girls. Your MC boy is adorable too. :o)

    ReplyDelete