Friday, August 23, 2019

Collaborative Rag Doll Project



Here are Matilda and Rosie.  I sewed the dolls and painted them.  My mother made the clothes.  My brother's grandchildren were the inspiration for these little dolls.  The real Matilda and Rosie (ages 5 and 2) love pink and purple!

Matilda and Rosie

Matilda

Rosie

Matilda and Rosie

This little doll was made from the same pattern as Rosie and Matilda.  Again, I made and painted the doll.  My mom made the gorgeous clothes.  The inspiration for this doll is my cousin's three-year-old, Amelia Lynn.  

The doll has bluebonnet themed clothing to remind us of our Central Texas bluebonnets that grow every spring.  This doll's name is Lottie Bea.

Lottie Bea's curls

Matilda, Rosie and Lottie Bea with her bonnet

This is Elvessie.  Mom made her in 2010.   She has a yarn wig that is sewn right into her fabric head.  In 2010, Mom and her friends got together at Mom's house and made a bunch of these dolls for their grandchildren, with my mother's excellent tutelage.  They were sent all over the country!  What a wonderful memory for those ladies.  Most of those little girls are nearly grown by now.  I'm glad that Mom saved Elvessie.

The pattern for Rosie, Matilda, Lottie Bea, and Elvessa is from this book.  It's cheap and available.  It's a great pattern!
Sweet little pantaloons.

All four dollies.


My inspirations: L to R, clockwise - Rosie, Matilda, and Amelia


1 comment:

  1. Aw, they are all so cute! Gorgeous dolls and gorgeous clothes too. :o)

    ReplyDelete