Sunday, July 21, 2019

Irenea, her quilt, and her antique doll

Irenea has a head made of cloth layers and a flexible armature sewn into her body.

She is painted with acrylics.

She wanted slippers instead of boots.

She is wearing a worn, vintage doll apron.

Irenea loves her little antique china head doll.

Her doll has a lovely, old flower print for her cloth body.

Irenea's grandmother, my mom, made her a small quilt, based on an antique quilt that I recently bought at an antique store.  I love the browns and reds together.  I think Mom did a wonderful job.

My mom's beautiful little creation.  She based both the pattern and the colors on the antique quilt that I bought. 

Doll quilt back.

1 comment:

  1. Irenea is beautiful and so is her little china head and the quilt your Mom made! I love reds and browns and also blues. The old browns are so special because the dye often caused the fabric to disintegrate over time. Your old quit is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete