Thursday, June 27, 2019

The Gamble House Museum

I've decided to start posting about another one of my favorite hobbies - visiting historic homes.  I'm beginning with the Gamble House because it's one of my favorites.  It is an incredible American Arts and Crafts style home in Pasadena, California - designed by Greene and Greene and built in 1908 for David and Mary Gamble, of the Proctor and Gamble company.  I took one of the first tours where they let visitors take photos.  I had my phone with me, and I couldn't stop snapping away.   It's a fascinating, beautiful home.  The entire house is filled with original, Arts and Crafts furniture.  It is the most perfect example of this style, down to every detail.

Fireplace

Arts and Crafts style piano

Beautiful ceiling

Woodwork, doors, etc.

This door was amazing.

Two walls, joined in such an artist, craftsman-style way.

Bedroom

Dining room

Morris Chair


Outdoor detail

Sconce

Closet space

Sweet bedroom corner

Servants' eating quarters

1 comment: