Thursday, November 17, 2011

quilts, dolls, kids

My newest creation
My mom, Martha Rutledge, made this quilt as a birthday gift for her little sister.

The sleigh is Martha's fantastic thrift shop find of the week.  She also made the quilts in the sleigh.

My little cotton spun shard ornaments have come out from hiding to celebrate the holidays.  Here's the post on how they were made: SHARDS.
Every November, my kids make hand turkeys.  I laminate them and hang the entire collection up to ring in the holidays.  The kids really enjoy looking at the funny creations from the past.

Gobble, gobble.

My kids are almost 14 and they're still willing to make their hand turkeys.  I love my babies.      

9 comments:

  1. What a great post...always love when those kids show up here! Your newest creation looks great. Is she the 150% doll? It is my opinion that the larger the doll, the more difficult to sculpt, but this one looks perfect. And a great big WOW on your moms quilts!! Her designs and color combinations are oh, so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine,
    I love you first pic sculpt , so very soft and eye appealing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything! The hand turkeys, the little quilts, the doll in progress and the shard dolls. Your talents amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Martha's quilts! :-) I think it's so great that you have artistic pursuits that complement each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your post and your blog.

    I am a new follower and I will visit you again, soon!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your dolls, and your Mothers little quilts are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your doll to be! And what a wonderful idea to have turkey hands and laminate them! You've just given me an idea to do the same with our four kids. How special to see how they have grown through the years and to see their creative side too. Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving to you and yours,
    xo, Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like creative talents run right through your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see the dollie when she's finished. LOVE the hand-turkeys. When my kids were home, we made our Christmas cards every year, and of course, the obligatory paper chains. :~)

    ReplyDelete