Sunday, July 3, 2011

Another re-done doll from 2009

I re-sculpted and re-painted.  She also got a new stockinette covering for her head.  Her clothes are vintage, from a doll show.  I just love the dotted Swiss apron.

Her head ended up being enormous, because of the addition of clay to even out the head shape.  When I review my older dolls, I realize that I pay WAY more attention to overall head shape and symmetry than I used to.  Before I start sculpting features, I spend hours and hours sculpting and sanding the head to get a nice shape.  One of the reasons that I'm so enjoying these re-done dolls is that I can see my learning process in action.  Very rewarding.

4 comments:

  1. This doll is beautiful .A available pattern dress and apron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so lovely! The eyes are amazing. Great re-do! What a talented lady you are.

    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great doll!!! I have been so impressed with your re-do dolls that I am redoing one of my first c&c dolls. Her head has turned out to be larger than I would like, too. No matter, your doll is adorable...love the clothes your gave her!

    ReplyDelete