Monday, June 13, 2011

Dolls and Distractions

Here is my first attempt at oil painting a doll.  The drying time is going to drive me batty.  I suppose that I don't need to let it dry completely before I add another coat of skin color.  I'll make doll dresses for my crackled girls in between oil painting sessions.
Sweet dolly Christmas card from 1940's.
Aftermath of a 10 kid sleepover...note dark circles under eyes...these two told me that they got exactly 20 minutes of sleep.
These managed to create a Polly Pocket universe, despite waking up at 4:30 am...

Portal marathon...

Catching up on Bat Boy news...

Adoration of rat terrier...

Consumption of large quantities of sugar...

?????

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Elaine. I so love to come to your blog and see some of the same crazy-ness that I witness here. Yes, waiting for oil paint to dry is a test of patience. Good luck with that! One way to handle this is to do a base coat in acrylic and subsequent layers in oil paint. I haven't painted with oil paints in about 20 years...not sure if I can now. I did try one doll with it and that waiting, OH THE WAITING....work on other dolls while you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already don't like oil paints. 6 hours and no change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post makes me miss the days when my kids were home. Granted, at that age they were too cool to speak to me, but I miss them. :~)

    ReplyDelete